coloradogoldcamp.com
October 22, 2017, 12:56:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: MANY BOARDS AND TOPICS INSIDE! Please register to access the Free forum and group outings.
GET OUT AND GET SOME!!!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Point bar  (Read 204 times)
Mr5cott
Sluicer

Awards
« on: July 17, 2017, 05:51:27 PM »

Hi ALL, Ive been away from here for quite some time, But I recently went over to Point bar. A few there prospecting and the bathrooms are open! Main road is still closed. You can still get in via Fremont 4 in Howard, then Fremont 45 into Point bar. One should be able to get a full size Pick up in. 4x4 recommended, Doable in a 4x2 if a fair bit of ground clearance.

Once you get on Fremont 45, You will start seeing signs (4x4 only, high clearance recommended, Water crossing, and not a through road)

Take CR 45, You will come to a place where the road will drop sharply. This has lots of rocks and boulders and in my opinion the most challenging part of the road. I traveled this road the week after fourth of July in my Subaru outback with no problems.A few years prior in a Pontiac Gran prix.

At the bottom you will come to Badger creek, hang a left, drive through the stream for about 100 feet, turn right to resume on the road. This is a steep climb but not as rocky as the previous portion. Once on this it is fairly easy going. The road will go right next to the river, and a portion of it the river is covering the road. This is reinforced by river rock and is very stable. At this point, and forward there is no room for vehicles to pass or pull to side to let someone pass, so you must look as far as you can down the road to make sure another vehicle is not coming. You will begin to enter the point bar area, and there is "Public mining area" signs to assure you are in the right place.

If you go as far as the sign that say road closed you can turn left, and you will arrive at the bathrooms. beyond that is camping spots and river access. There is also camping and river access to the left of that location as well.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 10:30:03 PM by Mr5cott » Logged
Hello Guest! Replies in this topic have been hidden from view. Please register or login if you want to view the replies.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: