coloradogoldcamp.com
September 24, 2017, 01:29:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: MANY BOARDS AND TOPICS INSIDE! Please register to access the Free forum and group outings.
GET OUT AND GET SOME!!!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fisher gold bug SE weaker??  (Read 357 times)
Kevd
CGC
Sluicer

Awards
« on: March 18, 2017, 11:59:00 PM »

Hi guys its been a while since ive played with my metal detector, but i got the fever recently and pulled it out. So i have a fisher gold bug SE and the first time i got it out this year it seemed different than i remember.  So i guess it is now about 6 years old but it has very little use. Anyways the signals dont sound as clear as i remember and the depth on a air test seems way worse.  I have the original 5"round coil and a 11"dd  and i just got a new Cors sharpshooter.  So on a air test im only getting like 6-7" on most coins with either coil. Watched some videos on YouTube and they were getting at least double that. My gold nugget test peice is only 2" at most and its a 2.0gn. Does it sound like something is failing on this unit??  Is it normal for a detector to loose depth and sensitivity with age?? It has been stored in my basement closet for roughly 3 years has had any water damage or drops that i know of. Just curious if i should send it in or live with it or maybe upgrade. Im sure they will tell me its out of warranty now.
Thanks Keven
Hello Guest! Replies in this topic have been hidden from view. Please register or login if you want to view the replies.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: